Yoga In Action

Recently I attended a leadership conference with my daughter as one of her college graduation gifts. All of the speakers were solid, inspiring anchors for the program. But, the one that stole my heart was actress and activist Ms. Mia Farrow. Her zeal and dedication to her cause was palpable. She kept all 2000 of us with our heads bowed low and deep.
When I am moved so deeply, I have made it a practice to coin my experience with a couple of words so that I can remember the power of the heart and my need to acquiesce to its calling. Ms. Farrow made it easier for me. She must have spoken the words "with knowledge comes responsibility" 20 times in the half hour that we were honored by her presence.
As I prepare for my upcoming series, I remember her words and the power in which she pleaded with us all to play our part in the arrest of human suffering. I remember my own responsibility to crystallize 10 years of intense devotional practice so that newer students can not only develop physical strength and flexibility, but to be courageous and imbibe the teachings that are at the very heart of our yoga practice.
And so as the onset of two new yoga series draws near, I repeat my mantra. Over and over again, I repeat my mantra. When I am truly responding to my call, there is no greater joy known.

In love and light,

Maurene

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog and the uplifting messages that it shares! Yoga helps us remember and experience what is really importatant. By focusing on the breath, by stretching our bodies, by calming our minds, we are more fully able to live in the light of love. Thanks Maurene!

    ReplyDelete