What I learned from Oprah Winfrey


Dear Friends;
When someone has transformed their life to the extent Oprah has, I pay attention.

Many years ago I heard from a guest on Oprah's show describe her experience. She shared that the talk show legend welcomed her with open arms, giving her undivided, focused attention. She said that she felt like she was the only person alive in the interview. I received a clear understanding that if you really want to excel at something, you best give it your full attention.

We start every yoga class in a circle as I go around acknowledging, honoring students by voicing their names and then pausing so that I can give them my full presence. It's really at the very core of a yoga practice, our ability to be present. It is when we are fully present that we become more mindful of that part of us that is brilliant, confident and capable. Quite naturally then, we shine in our endeavors.

Thank you Oprah for demonstrating what is available to us all when we pay good attention.

In love and light,

Maurene RN, Yoga Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment